So, you got the gun. You got the holster. You’re almost ready to go but you realize the brown dress belt you used for prom isn’t going to hold the weight of your new pistol. So, what next? Well! You’re going to need a gun belt. We are going to cover the different nylon material gun belts to help you make a decision on what is the best nylon gun belt for you specifically!
As with any purchase, there are always points of an item to consider before pulling the trigger for the buy. It may be the quality you’re looking for, the price, and even the color but if you miss key details of the items you may find that ultimately the product isn’t going to work for you. Here are a few things to consider when purchasing a nylon gun belt:
One thing you might miss over is the actual width of the gun belt. If you buy a belt that is 2.5” wide but your belt loops will only fit 2” worth of belt then the belt is obviously not going to work for you. So, just make sure to know how much width of a belt your belt loops can actually fit.
This will depend on the person you are and what your wardrobe looks like on a daily basis so it is good to keep in mind.
Some gun owners will consider a gun belt unnecessary, as some would consider a holster unnecessary. We would highly advise against this. A gun belt is necessary to hold the gun and holster in the same place. Without it, the gun holster will flip flop around inside your waistband or outside and when you go to draw the firearm the grip won’t be where you expect it to be.
A gun belt also limits the chances of the gun being dropped which can cause a negligent misfire just due to the impact. The gun belt also needs to have a rigidity which is usually obtained by manufacturers adding a stiffener to the belt which is either metal or plastic. This stiffening ensures that the belt is going to be able to hold the weight of your gun and the holster.
This video helps cover the necessity of using a gun belt and shows the pros and cons of having and not having a real gun belt:
Leather or Nylon
There are a lot of different opinions on whether a leather gun belt or a nylon gun belt is best to use for carrying your gun in a concealed manner. There is no clear answer on which one is better as each one has it’s own positives so it will depend on your own personal choice. However, we will cover the differences for you so that you can make an informed decision.
The first thing to consider is that the cost of nylon material is much cheaper and efficient to make than that of animal skin, which is what leather is. Also, nylon is able to be manufactured to be just as strong as leather which causes a lot of gun belt buyers to lean towards nylon gun belts due to this argument.
Now, although nylon is cheaper it does have it’s downsides as far as the material itself is considered. Nylon’s degradation can happen at high temperatures over time and also might stain your clothing if it gets wet over a period of time because it does absorb water.
Leather, on the other hand, isn’t susceptible to hot temperatures but it can be affected by your sweat. Also, if you are somewhere where it is going to get wet you might want to consider keeping it oiled with something like linseed oil which will contribute to a higher maintenance factor than nylon does.
Comfort and Presentability
Another thing to consider is simply the appearance. A leather gun belt can pass as a regular dress belt or even a regular belt in general but a nylon belt can look more “tactical”. This will depend on your overall wardrobe and clothing personality anyways but another thing to consider for sure.
The appearance is big to consider because you might find a belt that looks super cool but when you actually possess the belt and are holding it in your hands you might realize it’s not going to work with your outfit. Or, it will, but you’re going to look like your obviously carrying or something of this nature. Appearance isn’t just about the cool factor but also about discretion with a concealed carry.
Some belts are also just more comfortable than others. Usually, other customers will let you know about this and we’ll go into the details for you. Most customers will review a product that is uncomfortable and they’ll be sure to let you know that lack of comfortability is the reason they are reviewing it.
The Best Nylon Gun Belts
KingMoore Men’s Tactical Belt
- Thickened high-quality nylon belt and strength metal buckle.
- PERFECT DESIGN - Many special force soldiers were invited to perform wearing tests when the tactical waistband was developed....
- BUCKLE DESIGN- Aviation class 7075 aluminum alloy is used to make the buckle. In addition, advanced CNC is used for...
- ROUTINE WEARING- The concise and elegant waistband is applicable to all kinds of overalls, casual pants, tactical trousers,...
- NO HASSLE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We know you'll love our tactical belt as much as we do, If for any reason you're not 100%...
The KingMoore Tactical Belt comes in with three different sizes and three different colors! This gives you a little bit of customizability which we all seem to like nowadays. The nylon was double webbed to make it thicker with a metal buckle to hold everything together.
They use a special type of braid to enhance the comfortability and flexibility of the belt. The metal buckle is made with airplane-grade aluminum alloy and is made to resist high impact from an external force so you know that it will remain durable and intact. The belt is firm and able to handle any extra attachments for any survivalist wanting to use it for routine, daily wearing.
One downside that is being reported is the actual belt buckle itself. The belt buckle has two latches that people have experienced it coming undone when bending over or by being brushed against some sort of external object which leads to customers being unable to use the belt since it was occurring quite often for them even though the belt itself is well made.
- Different sizes/colors available
- Double webbed nylon
- Airplane-grade aluminum buckle
- 2 latch Belt buckle seems to easily come unlatched
Bianchi Accumold 7200 Black Nylon Duty Belt
- Coplok shatter-resistant, polymer buckle features 3-point release for added security
- Hook and loop closure for quick on/off ease
- High density five-part laminate construction for extra durability.
- Ballistic weave fabric outer and loop lining, with foam center, and a stiffener sandwiched between
- Two layers of closed-cell foam for support and comfort
The Bianchi Accumold belt comes in with a shatter resistant buckle that has three latches for added security to ensure the belt buckle stays buckled. Its designed with a 5 part high-density laminated construction for increased durability.
This also includes a ballistic weave fabric with a foam center and stiffener sandwiched in between to give it the toughness and strength to hold your gun and holster without ruining the belt. The foam center offers additional support but also contributes to the comfortability.
Customers are pretty happy with the belt buckle design as the 2 part opening allows that added security. You essentially have to squeeze the top and bottom and also click a button with your other hand to undo the buckle. This is going to ensure that the belt doesn’t unclip when you’re moving around in your day to day activities.
Some customers complain that the ultra-stiffening and added strength to the belt actually removes any option of flexibility so it can be quite stiff.
- 3 latch belt buckle for added security
- Inserted foam to increase comfort
- Stiffener and design for extra stiffness
- Might be TOO stiff
XTAC Quick-Release EDC Belt
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】 Two layers of high quality 1.5" nylon webbing, reinforced for added rigidity, makes our belt tough and...
- 【CONCEALED CARRY / EDC】 Our tactical belt is stiffened to support any IWB or OWB holster without rolling over. NO BEND,...
- 【QUICK RELEASE BUCKLE】 The military grade metal buckle fastens and releases like a seat belt, just as easy as a click!...
- 【INFINITELY ADJUSTABLE】 No holes in the belt, so you can freely adjust it your comfort! When choosing a belt size, add 1...
- 【100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE】 We are a US-based supplier of high quality, military grade, tactical gear and dedicated to...
The XTAC quick-release belt has five different sizes and a black or tan color option. The belt is made of double-webbed nylon with added stiffener for increased durability and is expected to last you forever! It can be used for IWB and OWB holsters and any other survival gear you might be using.
It has an easy seat belt click to undo the belt and has infinite adjustability by just tightening and loosening the belt. The manufacturer states to add 1 to 2 inches to your waist size if you plan on carrying a gun with it. All this with an awesome money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied!
People find the XTAC belt to be slim and minimalist and also stiff enough to carry their gun and holster in comparison to higher end gun belts that may be stiffer but also cost four times as much.
The problem customers experience is that the belt buckle doesn’t fit through the belt loops without a little bit of finesse. The bigger issue is that some customers have a problem with the belt clasp coming undone due to it being a simple seatbelt one-click quick-release buckle.
- Double webbed and added stiffener for toughness and durability
- Infinite adjustability design
- Slim and minimalist
- The one-click quick-release buckle leaves room for error where the belt can come undone on its own
- Belt buckle requires some finesse to feed through regular belt loops
MISSION ELITE Heavy Duty EDC Tactical Belt
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】 Two layers of high quality 1.5" nylon webbing, reinforced for added rigidity, makes our belt tough and...
- 【CONCEALED CARRY / EDC】 Our belt is stiffened to support any IWB or OWB holster without rolling over. NO BEND, NO SAG....
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMFORTABLE】 NO METAL in the buckle keeps our belt light, but still super strong. It will never loosen...
- 【INFINITELY ADJUSTABLE】 Don't be restricted by leather gun belts with holes! Freely adjust our belt to your comfort...
- QUALITY GUARANTEED Buy from a US-based company. Our products are backed by a 100% Money Back Guarantee!
The Mission Elite tactical belt has six different sizes and three different colors. It’s made with the double layered nylon webbing and is reinforced for that increased rigidity you need to carry a gun. The stiffener applied removes any chance of sag or bend on your belt.
The belt buckle has no metal so it’s lighter than other belts and holds the tactical advantage of what a gun belt needs to be operational. The belt is also adjustable by simply tightening or loosening it without being limited to a certain amount of holes.
The belt does have a different way to cinch up that’s not very intuitive. It comes with a recommendation to watch the youtube video to learn how to cinch it up, which can strike one as a little odd and implies the design might need some work. Other than that the functionality of the belt is top notch!
- Plastic buckle for ultra-lightweight and comfort
- Infinitely adjustable
- Requires an instructional video to learn how to cinch the belt
WYuZe Nylon Belt
- One purchase for 2 pack nylon belts. Premium nylon webbing, lightweight, soft, flexible, sturdy and durable, sweat absorption...
- NON-METAL BELT: Well-designed men's nylon web belt with YKK plastic buckle. Travel-friendly Non-Metal construction, Nickel...
- MILITARY TACTICAL BELT: Strong enough to withstand 500Kg weight no deformation. Ideal for police, firefighters, CCW, security...
- ADJUSTABLE WEBBING BELT: 100% Nylon web belt, 1.5 inch wide belt. Holeless belt and removable buckles that it's easy to trim...
- Lifetime guaranteed refund policy. If any problem of these nylon web belts, don't hesitate to contact with us. We promise to...
The WYuZe Nylon belt is another belt using the non-metal buckle to keep it ultra lightweight and comfortable. It is strong enough to withstand 500kg of weight without any sag or deformation. It is 1.5 inches wide and instantly adjustable to get the belt down to the right size for your waistline.
The WYuZe company offers a lifetime guarantee on this product so if you ever have an issue with it you can get it replaced without a problem!
Some customers are saying that the buckle comes off very easily and renders it useless, although this isn’t a widespread concern. Most customers are happy with the quality of the buckle but the unhappy customers generally state they wish the design didn’t allow for the buckle to slip off at all.
- Non-metal buckle for ultra-lightweight and comfort
- Withstand 500kg of weight without deformation
- Infinitely Adjustable
- Lifetime Guarantee
- The buckle is designed to come off easily and some customers have had issues with this happening in the field making the gun belt useless for them
Now you have all the information you need to go and find the best nylon gun belt for yourself! You should be able to bypass all the information that doesn’t really matter to be able to hone in on the exact product that you need for your individual needs.
You’ll know what you need to maintain an expert level of safety and you’ll know what’s comfortable, what’s strong, and what’s going to hold your gun in place so when you draw it! That’s it for now! Stay safe!
If you enjoyed this article you’ll probably like these: